Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

What Is In a Name ?

     Shakespeare rose a great question when he wrote the famous line "What is in a name?..."

❖❖❖

     Aundreya M. Horne - This is me. This is who I am. This is the name included on my birth certificate, drivers license, legal documents and etc..

      It is my signature (though, unless prompted to, I often leave out my middle initial).

     What does my name say about who I am, though? Does it tell you what kind of person I am? Does it tell you I'm trustworthy? Does it say that I have a good work ethic or that I am a lazy bum?

Truthfully, can a name in and of itself tell you anything about a person?

       I've come to realize maybe it's not so much what your name says about you. But, maybe it's what your actions and expressions say about your name.

Does your name bring about joy when spoken by others?

    I have decided that in 2017 I want to be the type of person whose name is spoken in a positive tone. I want to inspire others. I want to uplift. I want to influence. I want to lead. I want to be the person standing in the background saying "I always knew you could". I want to be somebody's "Because of you I didn't give up".

Do not misunderstand me, I am by no means searching for a spotlight nor a round of applause.

       Above anything else, I do not want my name to bring dishonor to His name - Jesus. In all honesty,  I would much rather his name be others lips than my own name. However, some will only come to know his name through me. Through my words. Through my actions. Through the ways that I choose to handle whatever life throws my way. I pray that whenever they hear or speak my name that they associate it with His.

what does your name name say about you?



      

   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment