Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Just something simple...

    So tonight after service I was still lingering around the alter praying about some thing that have been really heavy on my heart lately. When all of the sudden I hear this voice talking to me saying " Hey, are you okay?" and when I didn't respond the first time (wasn't totally sure they were talking to me) they asked me again "Hey, are you okay?" . Feeling a bit annoyed at the point that somone is interrupting me while I'm praying I open my eyes and slowly turn my head to see, to my suprise, one of our newest Jesus House kids standing there looking pretty concerned. This was his first church service and didn't really know that it's rude to sometimes interrupt people while they're praying. I just looked at him with a smile and told him that I was fine that I was just praying. To which he responded " Everything's going to be okay. You know that , right?" I looked at him near tears once again and responded with "I know it is and thank you" . The conversation quickly came to a close w/ a shoulder pat and goodbye's .

    I don't know if that kid really knows what he did or that God used him. But he gave me exactly the answer that I needed to hear tonight .

    Up until I had been interrupted I felt like I hand't recieved an answer about anything and that I wasn't done praying , but after I had been interrupted I felt like I no longer needed to pray and though it was small I had recieved somewhat of an answer :) .

  God always has a funny way of showing us that he's there when we least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment