Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Love is in the air...


So that time of year is here once again - Valentines Day (well almost anyways). The time of year where you show the person you love how much you love them. Truth be told to many it seems to be a holiday that is over commercialized so companies can make money. And in this day in age it may very well be ... but I say who cares. What is wrong with having a day dedicated solely to showing someone how much you love them? Yes you should them all year around ... but it's nice to make the one you love feel special. So why not do it on a day like Valentine's Day?

And for those of you who sit around pouting because you don't have "someone" to spend Valentine's Day with , you aren't doing yourself any favors. As a girl I can sympathize about wanting to share it was that special someone ... but if you don't have that special "someone" to spend it with what good does pouting do?  Do you have friends? Do you have a family? Why not spend time with them? Yes, Valentines Day is more of a romantic holiday. But I think it's the "romance" of Valentine's Day that is overplayed at times. Truth be told it's more of a day about showing, sharing, and receiving love.

As for me. I shall be spending my Valentine's Day at college and later that evening at the IBC Valentine's Banquet. Since I surround myself with people I love and who love me in return anyways, looks like I'm set for this day of "love". No, I will not have that special "someone" to spend it with I will , however, have amazing friends and a great banquet date (one of my good guy friends) to spend it with. What more could a girl ask for?

1 comment: